Meet Lindsey Konkel Neabore
I am an award-winning freelance journalist and content marketing writer focused on science, health and environment.
I have more than a decade of experience writing news stories, feature articles, profiles and more with a focus on medical, health, and science content for print and digital publications, universities, associations, and scientific journals. My work has appeared online and in print for Newsweek, National Geographic, Huffington Post, Consumer Reports, Everyday Health, Science, Environmental Health Perspectives, UCSF Magazine, American Association for Cancer Research, and others.
I have a proven understanding of scientific concepts with an ability to communicate them in a meaningful way across audiences–from medical professionals and policy-makers to consumers and even children.
While taking some time off from journalism to focus on child care in 2021, I wrote a children’s picture book, Trumpet the Blind Cat.
I live in Haddon Township, New Jersey (in the Greater Philadelphia Metro area) with my husband, daughter, three cats and dog. In 2019, my husband and I started a small animal veterinary clinic, Neabore Veterinary Clinic, located in Haddonfield, NJ. I handle social media and content marketing for the clinic while my husband handles the medicine.
Awards, Fellowships, & Grants
- Recipient, Society of Environmental Journalists, Lizzie Grossman Freelance Grant for Environmental Health Reporting, 2018.
- Recipient, Endocrine Society Award for Excellence in Science & Medical Journalism, 2017
- Finalist, Livingston Award, Excellence in National Reporting, 2016
- Fellow, Institute for Journalism & Natural Resources Prairie Pothole Institute, 2016
- Recipient, New York University Reporting Award, 2015